
For the next 12 days, I will be traveling from San Francisco to San Diego visiting advertisers, hopefully getting a chance to ride a couple of times, and will be working at the San Francisco and Anaheim 3 supercross.
The weekend started off by driving down to Morgan Hill to see Todd Hicks at Fox Racing. We walked in the front door and it was like going back in time. Off to the right of the lobby, in a glass case, there were pants, jerseys, helmets, and even pit boards hanging up. It was amazing! They had Robbie Reynard’s rookie pants, MC’s pants when he passed Ricky Johnson for the most wins in SX, and even Ezra Lusk’s 20th Anniversary pants that he wore at High Point in 1993. If you went to High Point that year you would remember the orange and red gear that all the Fox riders wore for that race. They also had Travis Pastrana’s bike that he back flipped into the San Francisco Bay at the X-Games and Donny Schmit’s World Championship bike.
After Weege, DC, and I bench raced for about a half hour Todd showed up and immediately took us for a tour. They had all the number one plates on the walls from their past champions, old catalog covers hanging on the walls, pictures of the “Beast from the East” Damon Bradshaw, and a warehouse that was bigger than a football field. After the tour, DC and Weege started filming a piece for RX Films. I’ve known Todd for a long time and I didn’t realize how many people have been raised through the Fox Racing amateur program. Check out the Racer X site this week to watch the film on Hicks.
On Saturday, it was the usually duties. Get up around 7:30, get showered, WAIT ON WEEGE, and head to the track. I’m always excited to get to the stadium but this time it was different. It was raining and I hate being in the rain all day, especially in San Francisco. After running around getting all the new magazines and trading cards handed out to the teams, it was time to set up the booth and get ready for the pits to open.
At 12:30, it’s like a 5,000-person starting gate dropping and everyone is going for the holeshot. Usually I have some help at the booth but this weekend I was on my own. I really enjoy working at the races because after going to the races for the past five years I have made friends all over the world and I get to see them from time to time. Plus, RC is back this weekend to try and stop Stewart’s winning streak. As you look around there are kids running all over the place asking for stickers, getting autographs, eating junk food and having a great time.
After the pits closed down it was off to the webcast. I’m a spotter for Holly and Weigandt (I’m
the reason they make such good calls during the show. HA!) And I also have to keep the guests in order during the intermissions. Of course, the race was all it was supposed to be. We had a fight in the Lites heat race between Lawrence and Grant. The track was giving all of the riders problems because it was so rutted and soft. Even Reed, RC, and Stewart were having problems with the timing sections. In the Lites main it was all Villopoto, but in the Supercross class it had a lot more to offer. I’m sure by now, a lot of you watched the race on CBS Sports, and to me, it was inside my top five races of all-time.
After Weege, DC, and I bench raced for about a half hour Todd showed up and immediately took us for a tour. They had all the number one plates on the walls from their past champions, old catalog covers hanging on the walls, pictures of the “Beast from the East” Damon Bradshaw, and a warehouse that was bigger than a football field. After the tour, DC and Weege started filming a piece for RX Films. I’ve known Todd for a long time and I didn’t realize how many people have been raised through the Fox Racing amateur program. Check out the Racer X site this week to watch the film on Hicks.On Saturday, it was the usually duties. Get up around 7:30, get showered, WAIT ON WEEGE, and head to the track. I’m always excited to get to the stadium but this time it was different. It was raining and I hate being in the rain all day, especially in San Francisco. After running around getting all the new magazines and trading cards handed out to the teams, it was time to set up the booth and get ready for the pits to open.

At 12:30, it’s like a 5,000-person starting gate dropping and everyone is going for the holeshot. Usually I have some help at the booth but this weekend I was on my own. I really enjoy working at the races because after going to the races for the past five years I have made friends all over the world and I get to see them from time to time. Plus, RC is back this weekend to try and stop Stewart’s winning streak. As you look around there are kids running all over the place asking for stickers, getting autographs, eating junk food and having a great time.
After the pits closed down it was off to the webcast. I’m a spotter for Holly and Weigandt (I’m
the reason they make such good calls during the show. HA!) And I also have to keep the guests in order during the intermissions. Of course, the race was all it was supposed to be. We had a fight in the Lites heat race between Lawrence and Grant. The track was giving all of the riders problems because it was so rutted and soft. Even Reed, RC, and Stewart were having problems with the timing sections. In the Lites main it was all Villopoto, but in the Supercross class it had a lot more to offer. I’m sure by now, a lot of you watched the race on CBS Sports, and to me, it was inside my top five races of all-time.On Sunday, Weege and I drove downtown to pick up DC and it was off to the airport. I had to drop those guys off at the airport and make my six-hour journey down to L.A. I always like
driving from SF to L.A. because it gives you a chance to kick back and relax your mind after a busy weekend. On the way down to L.A. you get to see a lot of changes in scenery. You go from the city, to seeing the fruit and almond farms, to driving through the mountains of Frazier Park. If you’re from the East Coast like me, I never knew it snowed in California until I visited our Publisher Scott Wallenberg’s house a few years back. The first year I visited Scott in Frazier Park, we went riding up in the mountains. It blew my mind! We started off at his house, it was dry and dusty, and within 20 minutes, I was riding in the snow.
That’s it for the weekend. I’m off to stay with my buddy Jason Fontes from Smith and his lovely girlfriend Breanne. It’s time to relax and get some sleep because I have a busy week ahead of me. Remember, I’m not a journalist, so sometimes things might not make sense and there will be some grammar errors.
driving from SF to L.A. because it gives you a chance to kick back and relax your mind after a busy weekend. On the way down to L.A. you get to see a lot of changes in scenery. You go from the city, to seeing the fruit and almond farms, to driving through the mountains of Frazier Park. If you’re from the East Coast like me, I never knew it snowed in California until I visited our Publisher Scott Wallenberg’s house a few years back. The first year I visited Scott in Frazier Park, we went riding up in the mountains. It blew my mind! We started off at his house, it was dry and dusty, and within 20 minutes, I was riding in the snow.That’s it for the weekend. I’m off to stay with my buddy Jason Fontes from Smith and his lovely girlfriend Breanne. It’s time to relax and get some sleep because I have a busy week ahead of me. Remember, I’m not a journalist, so sometimes things might not make sense and there will be some grammar errors.
