All of us woke up bright and early on Sunday morning to make our journey back to San Diego. San Diego is always a very cool place to hang out because you have the beaches, the shopping is good for the girls, and all the Navy ships are docked there. If you go down to Hawthorn Street they have all the cruise ships ported and they also have the best restaurant in the world, Ruth’s Chris.
After a few phones calls to some friends we were told to go to Ocean Beach. As soon as we got there we headed straight to the beach for a little walk. As we were walking we looked across the street and saw a restaurant called Shade’s. After a few Bloody Marys we headed up the street to Sunshine Company so we could watch the Super Bowl. This place was perfect and they had about 20 TVs to watch the game on. As soon as we sat down Billy had to start betting with me. The first bet was who’s going to win the game and the second one was, who’s going to score first? I took the Bears and Billy took the Colts. It was on! And wouldn’t you know the Bears run the opening kick-off back for a touchdown. Yes! I’m up $10.00. Then Billy gives this BS about not shaking his hand and the bet wasn’t any good. Whatever, in my mind, I know I won the bet and I knew the rest of the game was going to be good. After Billy and I yelled back and forth throughout the game about who was winning the beer and shots started kicking in. We talked about everything from when the Steelers won the Super Bowls back in the eighties to the greatest players of all time.
The game turned out to be awesome and I’m glad the Colts won because of Peyton Manning. It was really cool to see his name up there with all the other MVPs from the previous Super Bowls. Well, it’s time to go to bed because we have a really big day tomorrow. Can you say GLAMIS?





